Stages of HUE University Plan Outlining
First StageAnalyzing Current Situation (Organizational and Strategic Analysis) Determining targets of the leaders and the board of trustees.Analyzing the internal & external community of the university.Competition situation.Analyzing the gap.
- Building a Strategic Plan (strategic targets)
- Formulating the vision and mission and the values& the strategic targets.
- Outlining strategic targets.
- Outlining policies and strategies (activities).
- Outlining the executive plan.
- Approval of the strategic plan (starting plan accomplishment).
- Approval of executive plan.
- Starting plan accomplishment inside and outside the university.
Strategic Targets of the Plan :
The first target is dedicated to achieve the efficiency of the institutional capability to improve the competitive situation.Goals:
- Developing the mechanisms of attracting distinguished staff and keeping them in the university.
- Selecting qualified members of academic and management leaders according to objective criteria and transparent mechanisms to accomplish quality and authority exchange.
- Developing the hierarchy of management and the institutional missions in HUE.
- Using financial and human resources to raise the efficiency of educational and research system to serve the society.
- Prepare and electronic system, which allows documentation.
- Developing accountability systems to strengthen the essential values of HUE.
The second target: supporting and strengthening the educational system and increasing the competitive ability of HUE students. Goals:
- Offering a distinguished educational system that equals labor market needs.
- Developing the educational programs and curriculum to approve the national academic normative standards.
- Developing students evaluation system to measure the educational outputs.
- Outline activities to support innovation and leadership.
- Developing the strategy of teaching and learning to support self-education to obtain professional skills.
The third target: developing the capability and staff's skills to enhance the offered services. Goals:
- Increasing staff participation in research projects, nationally and internationally.
- Increasing staff participation in staff exchange programs with different universities and colleges.
- Raising staff participation in international scientific publishing of their researches and increasing their participation in international conferences.
- Assigning financial aids to finance staff research projects.
- Support an increase of HUE cooperation with international institutions.
- Develop HUE website to serve different concerned parties.
- Encourage student exchange nationally and internationally to increase their international experience.
- Renewing accredited centers for training and obtaining international certificates.
- Framing HUE plan and sub-dividing college research plan out of it.
- Outlining policies and mechanisms to support scientific research is an innovative priority.
- Framing indications to measure the effectiveness of scientific research.
- Forming effective national and international partnership.
- Developing research laboratories and their supportive potentials of scientific research in different fields.
The sixth target: consolidate partnerships between HUE and civil community with the interest in environmental development. Goals:
- Framing a plan for community service and the surrounding environment.
- Establishing and developing administrational entities (unites/centers/committees) concerned with community service and developing the environment in the university.
- Marketing educational outputs of HUE.
- Developing a central database to document all HUE partnerships and communal services.
The seventh target: raising competitive skills of alumni. Goals:
- Strengthening student support system financially, healthily, socially and academically.
- Developing policies of field training and its mechanisms to follow its execution.
- Framing mechanisms to attract distinguished and incoming students.
- Strengthen ties between the university and alumni to accomplish equivalence between labor market needs and community developments.
- Adopting a professional development policy and continuing education for alumni.